I have a lot of things I would like to get done this weekend, now that I am finally feeling better. I have writing to catch up on, housecleaning, and outside projects. On top of this, we are having friends over tonight, and going to my parent’s house tomorrow night. If I don’t make a list, there is no way I am going to get to even half of what I want to do.
A note on my philosophy of list-making: I make a much bigger list than I am likely to be able to accomplish. I find that I don’t finish any list, no matter how many things I put on it, but I do usually get a majority of the tasks done, again, no matter how many things I put on it. So, I think of my to do lists as more of a wish list and forgive myself in advance for the items that don’t get checked off. It is better to have too many things on the list than to end up with some free time and no choices for how to fill it, anyway. Also, the kids will be helping with some of these tasks.
- Vaccuum living room, family room, my room
- Clear off dining room table
- Clear off buffet
- Go through the papers on my desk
- Kitchen cleanup
- Clear off table
- Clean out refrigerator
- Clean and organize top shelf of the pantry
- Declutter bookshelves in living room
- Spend some time cleaning overgrowth out of the creek
- Cleaning bedrooms
- Write two blog posts for this weekend
- Plan next week’s blog posts
- Review The Cult of Lego for Gaming Angels
- Start looking at December conventions
- Start tabulating gender breakout for Hugo Awards for Broad Universe statistics
- Plan Thanksgiving menu
- Have kids write a Christmas wish list
- Determine whether I will be able to make any gifts for Christmas presents this year
- Talk to kids about what holiday events they would like to do this year
I also have a book to finish, and I think I am ready to start practicing another stitch in my crocheting practice, so it will be a busy weekend!
What are your weekend plans?