I have so many things I want to do this weekend, I can’t settle on any one, or even one thought to develop here. So instead, I am putting out five random things that I don’t want to forget, or can’t get out of my head. Since I took the kids to Ben Franklin today, I am mostly thinking about crafting.
- I have been thinking for a while that it would be awesome to find some kind of art club for my nine year old son. He loves art, and seems to be pretty talented. I know I am a bit biased, but other people say it too–the art teacher at his school says great things about him, and people are generally impressed by his drawing skills. I want to encourage this, because he really seems to enjoy it, and I always think it is a good idea to have mutliple activities to have different friends and different skills. I didn’t really know where to start, but a local friend reminded me today about Yucandu Art Studio, which is only two miles from my house, and has Art Clubs for kids! I need to look into this a bit more, but I think he will love the one for kids in grades 3 – 6.
- I am not sure how I stumbled upon this slideshow of 10 amazing craft rooms, but I find myself to be inspired. My basement is not the kind of basement that can be finished, but with some serious purging and re-organizing, I think I could create a functional craft space down there. Or I could redo my dining room. I am not sure how I am going to do it, but I need more space for crafting in my house.
- Note to self: read supply list before buying a lot of supplies at the craft store. Not much more to be said here.
- I am hosting a Christmas gift-making party for kids with a friend in a couple of weeks. Expect to hear more about that here as I try to plan ahead. I did buy a book with cheap gift projects today, so I will have to pick a few from there, and a few from my Bust DIY Guide to Life, and figure out what they can do. (Wouldn’t a great craft room help here? 😉 )
- I have a backlog of Gaming Angels posts I want to do! This weekend may be light on content here as I focus on getting caught up over there.