People, Christmas is three weeks from today. Three! I need to get serious about what I want to do and what I will be able to do before that happens. It is definitely time for a prioritized list.
First, here are the things I absolutely want to finish before Christmas:
- Any pottery I want for giving needs to be ready for firing by this weekend. It may already be too late–December is a busy time for the kiln! At a minimum I want to finish up some of the small medallions I made to make into magnets and complete whatever coil trees I have already built. These things need to be painted with underglaze and fired, then dipped into clear glaze and fired again. Hopefully I can get them done quickly.
- Blanket for my brother
- Button tree collage for my aunt
- Crocheted coasters for my mother
If I get those things done, I will be happy. If I get them done with time to spare, I will do some or all of these things:
- Crochet a wreath for my front door
- Find the shawl I started last year for a friend and finish it
- Make some jewelry
- Make homemade lip gloss
- Make sugar scrubs
There is a very good chance that my list of finished projects will look nothing like this list, but I like having a plan to start with at least. I feel pretty good about the first priority items, although not entirely certain.
How are your Christmas projects coming?